Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Teriyaki Pork Steak with Sugar Snap Peas

If you're busy like me, and can get an entire dinner in ONE pot, you MARVEL at your accomplishment!!!  What took my under 5 minutes to prepare in my crock, turned out to be a DELICIOUS and satisfying meal for my entire family!  The pork steaks were SOOOOOO tender, the onions melted in your mouth and the Sugar Snap Peas had wonderful flavor (although I would have preferred pea pods here, but that's my personal preference.)

All of us had seconds, leaving very LITTLE for leftovers!  I even hesitated to put both pork steaks in, but my husband said "Go for it!"  SO happy I did!  We wouldn't have had enough otherwise!

Wait till you see how SIMPLE and fast this is to get in the crock!  PERFECT for those really busy mornings!!!

Teriyaki Pork Steak with Sugar Snap Peas

Ingredients: (I used a 5 Quart Slow-Cooker for this)
2 1/2 lb. Pork Shoulder Blade Steaks (there were 2 in my package)
1/2 medium onion, sliced into half rings
1 1/2-2 cups Sugar Snap peas (cut off the ends....I forgot, oops!)
1 cup Teriyaki Sauce (I used Lawry's), divided
1 Tbsp. garlic powder, divided
1 Tbsp. onion powder, divided
salt, pepper to taste

Directions:
In your crock, place the pork steaks and sprinkle them with half the onion powder, garlic powder and a bit of salt and pepper. (Not too much salt, as the pork is salty and so is the Teriyaki Sauce!)
Cover them with half of the teriyaki sauce.
Place your onions and Sugar Snap Peas on top.
Sprinkle them with more salt, pepper and the rest of the garlic powder and onion powder.
Last but not least, pour the rest of your teriyaki sauce over the top.
Cook on LOW for 7-9 hours or on HIGH for 3.5-4.5 hours.
Enjoy!


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment