Sunday, July 15, 2012

Margarita Chicken

OMG was this good!!!!!!  I'll admit it, I've had "frozen drinks" on the brain, with the heat and what not!  When I saw Margarita Mix on sale at the grocery store this week, I decided to make something with it!  Margarita Chicken it was!  And, WOWSA was it good!

We served our margarita chicken in soft taco shells, but it would be equally as delicious in hard shells or on nachos! Mmmmmmm! Use whatever toppings your family likes, but we used shredded cheese and some fresh salsa.

We accompanied our  Margarita Chicken with a salad topped with strawberries and a nice balsamic vinaigrette.   It was the perfect accompaniment to this dish.

I used the Margarita mix without the tequila already mixed in, but you can use the "leaded" version if you would like!  I'm so excited for you to try this!!!  Wait till you see how easy it is!!!

(I would like to thank Tracy and Dan for giving me a couple tortillas and the lemon and lime so I didn't have to run to the store with 2 hungry kids!!!! xoxo)

Margarita Chicken
Makes about 6-8 servings

Ingredients: (I used my 3 Quart Slow Cooker for this)
1.5 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts (I used tenders since I had them)
1 yellow pepper, sliced into strips
1 onion, sliced into half rings
1 cup Margarita Mix (mine was alcohol free, but please feel free to use the one with tequila in it!)
1 Tbsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. salt

Directions:
Place the chicken in the bottom of your crock.

Add in the yellow peppers and onions.


In a bowl (or measuring glass) mix together the margarita mix, garlic powder, cumin and salt.  
 Pour it over the chicken, onions and peppers.
Cook on LOW for 6-7 hours, or on HIGH for 3-3.5 hours.
Take the chicken out and shred it.

 Place the chicken back in the juices and mix.

Serve in taco shells or on nachos!
Enjoy!


Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. Mmmmm. That looks so good and easy! Right up my alley. I need to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this in my slow cooker right now! It sounded so good I went and bought Margarita mix so I could make it lol. I used Tri-Color Baby Bellpeppers because that is what I had on hand, the only other thing I changed was adding equal parts of Cumin and Chili Powder instead of just the cumin. I am so excited to taste this tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was very yummy but a little sweet. We sprinkled some salt and lemon juice on our tacos and they rocked! Thanx Hope :-)

    ReplyDelete